Apple cider vinegar which is unfiltered, such as Bragg's, is special due the high amounts of acetic acid which is formed as a by-product of the fermenting process. It also contains powerful enzymes, bacteria and proteins which have a number of effects on the body as outlined below. I recommend going for the unfiltered option as it contains the 'mother'.
So what are the proven benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar?
- Helps with heart burn and acid reflux
- Promotes healthy cholesterol
- Can help with weight loss by metabolising body fat
- Balances blood sugar levels which can help with type 2 diabetes
- Has antibacterial properties
- Increase nutrient absorption
- Balance the pH of your body
How much should I have and when?
Start by having it first thing in the morning by putting 1 Tbsp in a large glass of water. If you find this too strong start with 1-2 tsp. To help with digestion it can be beneficial to have before a meal and after a meal to help balance your blood sugar levels.
Follow the link below for more information: