This salad is quick to prepare, contains all real food and is versatile. By having roast veges it suits cooler weather, and can be made more 'fresh' for warmer months.
- Salad of your choice. Works well with cos lettuce, mesclun, baby spinach/kale or a combination of all.
- Red capsicum
- Walnuts (optional)
- Feta cheese
- Lamb rump
- Homemade balsamic dressing. Oil of your choice -this was made with grapeseed oil- and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200-220 celcius.
- Dice beetroot and kumara, then toss with a little oil and place in a lined baking dish. Put in a couple of knobs of butter. Cook at 220 celcius until golden and slightly crispy. They take a good 20 minutes to cook.
- Season with salt and pepper, rub with spice (this had Moroccan on it). Set aside.
- Prepare remaining salad ingredients (capsicum, feta) and anything else you would like to add.
- Remove veges from oven, toss, and then return to cook further.
- Bring a pan up to a medium to high heat and cook lamb rump to your liking. Cover with tin foil and set aside to rest.
- Bring all the ingredients together, slice lamb on an angle and top with feta cheese.
Serve each bowl up individually and dress to your liking. Enjoy!!