Saw asparagus at the vege markets on Sunay, so get into this seasonal goodness. They're a bit fiddly, but can be made up ahead of time and thrown on a barbie or skillet when you're ready to serve them. Ideal with a glass of white and your favourite spicy dip.
Prep: 30 mins| Cook time: 10mins| Serves: 4
- zest of 1 lemon
- 12 plump asparagus spears
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 100g pancetta, thinly sliced
- 36 mint leaves
- lemon wedges or spicy dipping sauce of your choice to serve
- In a large shallow dish, mix lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash the spears and then snap the woody ends off.
- Add the asparagus to the mix and roll around a few times to coat.
- Wrap each spear in a slice of pancetta, enclosing 3 mint leaves with each spear.
- Cook over medium heat on an oiled hot plate, turning often until golden brown.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges or dip.