This is a tasty salad as a shared side, or in the lunchbox the next day, and goes perfectly with lamb.
Prep: 30 mins| Cook time: 5 mins
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3T lemon juice
- 50g pepitas (pumpkin seeds - you can use sunflower seeds as an alternative)
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 200g beans, topped, tailed, blanched and refreshed
- 200g podded edamame (you could also use broadbeans as an alternative)
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves
- 1/2cup olives
- 100g feta, diced
- Toss the onion through the lemon juice and a little salt, then allow to sit for 30 mins - mixing occasionally.
- Cook pepitas in a small pan with 1T oil until golden. Put on a plate to cool with the oil from the pan.
- Drain the onion and toss with beans and edamame.
- To serve a shared plate, place salad leaves on the plate, add the bean mixture, scatter feta and olives over top, and lastly, add pepitas and cooking oil over the top.
- Mix the remaining oil and lemon juice with salt and pepper and drizzle over when serving.