by Adapted from Your Home and Garden
Warm weather is not so far away. Start getting excited now for all those tasty salads you'll get to eat, starting with this one. Or, don't wait and enjoy now.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2C finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 granny smith, julienned
- 4T extra virgin olive oil
- 2T lemon juice
- 1t honey
- 1/4t salt
- Freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- 3C rocket or mesculen salad
- 2T flat-leafed parsley (optional)
- 1T lemon or regular thyme (optional)
- 1/4C chopped walnut halves
1. Shred cabbage and add the julienned apple. Add the walnuts, thyme, parsley and rocket (or mesculen) and mix together. 2. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper to create the dressing. shake in a jar is ideal. 3. Dress the salad and toss lightly. This is delicious with some added haloumi, salmon or avocado. Lasts for 2-3 days in the fridge.