This recipe is tailed made for the Christmas season. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken or even turkey. This recipe is adapted from one credited to elanaspantry.com.
- 2cups shredded chicken
- 1cup slivered almonds
- 1cup dried cranberries
- 3 apples, sliced and chipped
- 4cups mesclun
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4t sea salt
- Place the almonds in a pan over low heat and toast them, while you core, slice and chop the apples. Remove the almonds from the heat when they are lightly browned.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together chicken, warm almonds, cranberries, chopped apples and mesclun greens.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, toss, then sprinkle with salt. Done!