- Activate the alarm
- Call the fire service by dialling 111 and clearly state the premises name and address and the nature of the emergency (fire, bells ringing etc). This may be done using a telephone in neighbouring premises if safe to do so prior to them evacuating.
- Alert people around you
- Alert the fire warden
For your reference, our address is:
Wellington - Levels 1 and 2, 128 Featherston Street, Wellington
Auckland - Level 5, 87-89 Albert Street, Auckland
When the alarm sounds:
- Tell people around you to firmly to leave the building. You must leave all possessions and make your way as quickly and safely to the assembly point as possible (the corner of Waring Taylor and Featherston Street).
- Go quickly to the stairs – do not run
- Don't go back to your work area for possessions
- Do not use the lift. If you are in a lift get out and use the stairs (the lift should automatically open)
- Follow wardens instructions
- Shut smoke stop doors as you leave an area
- Report immediately to your assembly point (the corner of Waring Taylor and Featherston Street).
- Stay together in a group
If you see a fire please activate the fire alarm if not already sounding.
Fire extinguishers should only be used in instances where your life is at risk e.g you can't exit due to a stairwell fire.
In the instance there are no trainers around please get yourself out of the building ASAP and call 111.
Please talk with your Coach if you have any questions!