A generous knob of ginger, and a hint of turmeric add some zing to this savoury-sweet soup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 8 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 small courgettes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2T fresh ginger, minced
- 1t turmeric
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4C chicken or vegetable stock
- 1C coconut milk (optional)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt some coconut oil in a saucepan placed over medium-high heat. 2. Add ginger and the onion and cook until fragrant, about 4 minutes. 3. Add all the remaining vegetables, the apple, and the spices. Give everything a good stir, and cook until the carrots are soft. 4. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, lower heat and let everything simmer for 25 to 30 mins. 5. Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or in batches using a blender. Pour in the coconut milk, season to taste, and serve warm.