This lamb recipe screams summer and Christmas time. The herb paste is amazing and you can use it any meat you like.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 butterflied leg of lamb (approx 1.5kg)
- For the green herb paste:
- 2 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 2T chopped fresh parsley
- 2T chopped fresh coriander
- 1T chopped fresh chives
- 1t chopped fresh organo (or 1/2t dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3T lemon juice
- 1/4t ground cumin
- 3-4T olive oil
1. To make the herb paste put all ingedients in a food processor and mix for 30 sec. Drizzle in the oil until it forms a paste. Season and set aside. 2. Open out the lamb, trim off excess fat and skin, and place flesh side up. Spread the herb paste over the flesh. Starting at the narrow end, roll up neatly into the best cylinder shape you can and tie with kitchen string to secure. 3. Place lamb in roasting dish, and into preheated 220 degree oven. After 20 mins reduce temp to 190 degree and roast for further 40 mins (At this point when you reduce the temperature it is the time to put in any veg you want to cook with the lamb). 4. Transfer lamb to a warm plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 mins. Option: make a gravy with the goodness from the roasting pan. Or just serve with a little more of the herb paste drizzled over top.