by Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef
This is not the light fluff style of hot cross bun you may be used to in the supermarket made from white flour and refined sugar. This version still has diversion status, but at Easter time is a much better treat than a processed bought one.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 300 g (3C) ground almonds
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2t bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 1/4C macadamia nut oil or light flavoured olive oil
- 2 good tablespoons honey
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2t vanilla bean paste
- 2 free range eggs
- pinch cinnamon
- 80 g dried cranberries or cherries
- 50 g organic dark chocolate 85% + extra for crosses if you like.
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Combine all the ingredients and mix well, this includes the dried cherries and dark chocolate. 2. Scoop or spoon out 14 small portions onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden. 3. Remove and cool. Drizzle dark chocolate crosses on top if you like.