Kumera, bacon, red onion, & spinach salad
Although this recipe is a bit treaty with the bacon, the great stuff in there with it and the fact that it's outrageously tasty will make this a winner for the next BBQ you take it along to.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3 large kumara, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 200g baby spinach
- pinch of cumin seeds
- 6 rashers bacon
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- handful of parsley & coriander
- optional: dressing to your tastes (good with honey mustard)
- slug of olive oil
1. Put the diced kumara and garlic with sprinkled over with cumin seeds and oil into a roasting tray,and cook at 200 degrees until tender. 2. Remove from oven and add onion rings to tray with the kumera. 3. Chop bacon rashers into bite sized bits and grill until crispy 4. Sprinkle in baby spinach and the cooked bacon rashers to the tray too. Add the dressing, and transfer to a salad bowl for serving. Garnish with parsley and coriander.