A healthy gut is vital in improving your health and well being, in particular digestion, immunity and maintaining a healthy body weight. When our gut health is compromised, it can have a profound effect on many different structures and functions in the body. So what can cause gut dysfunction?
- Rushing when you eat
- Lack of bile in the liver and gall bladder
- Poor dietary choice which exarcerbates food sensitivities
What are some possible signs to look for?
- Poor sleep
- Lack of energy
- Skin problems
- Weight fluctuation
- Difficulty losing weight
- Constantly sick
- Constantly hungry
How can I help fix this?
Increase prebiotics in your diet. Prebiotics are a type of fibre only found in plant based products such as:
- Onions, leeks, bananas and oats.
- Potato starch, kumara (cold) also known as 'resistant starches'.
- Fermented foods such as apple cider vinegar, kimchi and sauerkraut.
Click on the following link for a greater understanding of how prebiotics work:
If you are interested in increasing your gut health, have a chat with your Results Coach and book a time to go over your Real Food Programme to see where you can make some small changes.