This amazing salad is most excellent with lamb. Thanks Tess from Khandallah for the recipe.
Prep: 15mins| Cook time: 30 mins| Serves: 4-6
- 1/3cup quinoa or couscous
- 1/3cup chickpeas
- 1/4 small pumpkin
- 2 red capsicums, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, cut into rounds
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2cup kalamata olives
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2cup whole almonds
- 1/2cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2cup fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- olive oil
- Place pumpkin onto a roasting tray. Season well and toss with enough oil to coat.
- On a second tray, place capsicums, courgettes, garlic and olives. Add seasoning and oil.
- Put both trays into a 180degree C oven and bake for approx. 30 mins until tender. Remove both trays and allow to cool.
- Assemble the salad by combining all ingredients.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and toasted seeds and serve.