Raw vegetables have arguably more nutrients so get into this tasty sounding salad that's a bit different.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 500g raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 700g raw carrot, peeled and grated
- 1C fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2C raisins
- 1/4C sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/4C pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2t salt
- For the dressing:
- 2T pomegranate molasses
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4C freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2C olive oil
- 1T honey (optional)
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Play with the proportions of dressing ingredients to get your preferred taste. I find adding honey too sweet for my taste with the molasses as well. 2. Combine the beetroot, carrot, mint, raisins, seeds and salt and mix together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Keeps for 2-4 days. NB Use a food processor or Mouli with grater attachment to save time grating the carrot and beetroot.