'Tis the month for one of the greatest sporting events on planet Earth. So get in the mood and try our October Rugby World Cup Challenge. But be prepared........ it isn't for the faint of heart. Inspired by the yo yo test used by the All Blacks to test fitness, we've thrown in some extra skills for fun too.
This challenge can be completed on either level of Results Room.
You'll need the rugby ball, the sled (set at 1/2 body weight for both men and women) and a good dose of kiwi mana.
Set up your sled weight before starting. The sled should be at the end you're starting from, while the rugby ball should be waiting at the other end.
- Scrum push your sled the full length of the track, and turn it ready for the next push.
- Pick up the ball from the end of the track, and begin the shuttle runs:
- Run to the quarter marker, place the ball on the ground, and run back to the wall (sled end).
- Run to the half-way marker, picking the ball up on the way. Place the ball on the ground at the half way, and run back to the wall (sled end).
- Run to the three quarter marker, picking the ball up on the way. Place the ball on the ground at the three quarter, and run back to the wall (sled end).
- Lastly, run to the end of the room, picking up the ball on the way. Put the ball down at the end of the track, and run back to the wall (sled end).
- Begin round two. Scrum push the sled the full length of the room (back to where you started from at the beginning).
- Pick up the ball from that end, and repeat the shuttle runs, only this time starting from the other end.
- You finish when you finish the final shuttle run - that is running back to the starting end (where the sled is) with the ball!
You are now an All Black - be prepared for the call up should Dan Carter go down.