This dish comes out looking like it was made in a fancy restaurant, so it's great as an entree for a dinner party
- 2 T slivered almonds
- 1/8 cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 T lemon juice
- 250g sliced smoked salmon
1. Place almonds on a lined baking tray and roast until golden in an oven 160 degrees. Transfer to a plate to cool.
2. Put oven up to 200 and lay cauli on the tray and drizzle with olive oil, and salt and pepper. Bake near top of oven until golden, then cool to room temp.
3. Halve avocado, and scoop out flesh with spoon. Dice and mix with lemon juice, 1 T oil and a little salt and pepper.
4. Lay salmon on plate and place cauli on top. Spoon on diced avo and scatter almonds over top.