This great soup recipe comes to us courtesy of Thunderbird Cafe in Wellington. You'll think you're eating cauliflower with cheese sauce, it's that creamy.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1T Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Leek
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 400g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2cups chicken or vege stock
- 2cups milk
- 2T fresh chives, snipped
- Heat oil in large saucepan, then add the leek and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until the leek is soft but not browned.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan.
- Add the stock and milk to just cover the cauliflower, then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower has softened.
- Working in batches, transfer the cooked soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return the blended batches to a clean sauce pan and reheat gently.
- Add chives and serve!