This mediterannen dish is the perfect side or salad, and with lots of flavours its far from boring!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup bulgur (slow cooked - find this in the international section of supermarket)
- 1/2 medium head green cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups small tomatoes, halved, quartered if large
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Rock salt
1. Place bulgur in a large bowl and add 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Let soak until softened and water is absorbed, 40-45 minutes. 2.Toss bulgur, cabbage, onion, tomatoes, mint, oil, lemon juice, and crushed pepper flakes in a large bowl to combine; season with salt. NOTE: Tabbouleh, without oil and lemon juice, can be made 4 hours ahead. Toss with oil and lemon juice just before serving.