Do you want to make some Halloween treats for your kids but don’t want to load them up on sugar? Try these apple mouths for a tasty but creepy looking snack!
Ingredients - Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter
- Strawberry’s – optional Method - Cut the apple into even slices – about 1.5cm thick.
- Put peanut butter on one side of the apple slice and lay down with the peanut butter facing up
- Put the marshmallows on the p
This is a great, low carb option, for those looking for a tasty but light dinner or lunch!
310g of Ricotta
250g of Spinach
25mls White Wine
2 Cloves of garlic chopped
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
- Slice the eggplants into thin pieces, about 1cm thick, and fry on a char grilling pan until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Chop and fry the onion and the garlic. Add the white wine and cook until it has evaporate
Protein pancakes are great for those lazy Sundays when you feel like something sweet for breakfast but don’t want to break your healthy eating routine! Instead of that morning protein shake, try these filling, healthy, and tasty protein pancakes. Ingredients · 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder
· 3x egg whites
· ½ cup of rolled oats
· 2tsp baking powder
· ½ banana
· Yogurt (for serving) You can also add some berries o
Try Coach Rachelle's Real Food 'Bliss Balls'. These delicious winter snacks are easy to make, nutritious and the perfect grab-n-go option for when you're out and about!
Make them at the start of the week, keep a few bags in the fridge and you're set for the week.
You'll need: 1 1/2 cups of dates 2t Cacao powder or sugar free chocolate powder A little essence (coconut or peppermint is our favourite) 2T of hot water
To dust/coat: Coconut ribbons (dessicated or shredded cocon
We tried out this delicious My Food Bag recipe the other night. This is now one of my favourite ways to eat fish. Follow the link below for the recipe. https://www.myfoodbag.co.nz/recipes/details/2348-couscous-crusted-fish-with-roast-vegetable-salad-and-honey-mustard-mayo This recipe is great as you get a well balanced meal, but it is also quite versatile. For example we didn't have any mayonnaise so we made the dressing with a combination of half sour cream and half Greek yo
This salad is quick to prepare, contains all real food and is versatile. By having roast veges it suits cooler weather, and can be made more 'fresh' for warmer months.
- Salad of your choice. Works well with cos lettuce, mesclun, baby spinach/kale or a combination of all.
- Red capsicum
- Walnuts (optional)
- Feta cheese
- Lamb rump
- Homemade balsamic dressing. Oil of your choice -this was made with grapeseed oil- and balsamic vinega
- Enough large-leaf lettuce for several cups ( I like Cos or Iceberg)
- 1 large orange kumara
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder (optional)
- 500g lamb mince
- ½ brown onion (finely diced)
- Tbsp Moroccan/lamb spices
- Tbsp tomato puree
- ¼ cup raisins
- 125g pottle of natural yogurt
- Small bunch of mint
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Following up on one of our previous posts about the health benefits of quinoa, this Real Food recipe for a quinoa salad with homemade ranch dressing is both delicious and quick to prepare. You also have the flexibility to change the ingredients to customise it to your liking and eat seasonally e.g. more fresh ingredients in summer, or warm with hearty vegetables in winter. Follow the link below to find the ingredients list and preparation instructions. This is one of my favou
This was prepared the night before and left in the fridge. It is nutritious and will sustain you throughout the morning. Ingredients: ⦁ Oats
⦁ Sliced almonds
⦁ Pumpkin seeds
⦁ Drizzle of honey (optional)
⦁ LSA mix (linseed, sunflower and almond)
You can prepare it the night before and eat cold in the morning like a bircher muesli or as a hot porridge. Add milk until you get the consistency you are after. Give i