Holiday Exercises - No Gym Required!
Are you going on holiday and you don’t want to pay for an expensive hotel with a gym? Well we have the answer!!
Using your own body weight to do exercises may not seem as hard when you’re used to using heavy weights. But we have some body weight exercises that will leave you feeling like you’ve never even left the gym!
1. Squats - Instead of doing low reps with high weight, try using high reps with low weight. It takes a little longer, but in the end, you’re left with the same result. You can also adjust these and add some cardio by doing box jump squats! Try doing 25 of these x 3 with a 30 second break in-between each set.
2. Push ups - This is one of the best body weight exercises as it works multiple muscles at the same time. Again, be ready to do some high reps and low weights. To adjust these and add some cardio, try doing burpees instead! Try doing 30 of these x3 with a 30 second break in-between each set.
3. Hip Raises - These work your abs and your legs and you definitely do not need weights to do them. Try doing 50 on each side for a killer workout.
4. Planks - Everyone hates planks, but they work your core like crazy! If you’re used to doing them with weights on your back, try doing them for longer periods of time with shorter breaks in between. Try planking for 60 seconds with a 15 second break – do these 10 times and your stomach will be burning.
5. Bicycle crunches – like normal crunches but better! These have been proven to active more muscles in your bum, things and core then normal crunches. Try doing 100 of these to really push your body to its limits.
6. Cardio - Go for a half an hour run or a 15 minute quick sprint around the block! Sometimes it’s hard to go for a run when you’re on holiday, especially if you’re in a hot country where you sweat like crazy! But when you get back from holiday and your body is still as fit as it was before you left – you will thank yourself.